• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls Lore Speculation

I'm sure Leviathan doesn't work like a snake, but a giant tapeworm parasite. That's waaaaay far than feeling nice. I have pics that show what I mean but trust me, you don't wanna see them.
You underestimate my power

You underestimate my power
Allright, tough guy.
tumblr_nhfxfsQ7oo1r8n1s8o1_1280.jpg

I agree with Chicken tbh, it wouldn't surprise me if Leviathan was based off tapeworms fused with a dragon. (tapedragon?) I wonder if there's any other real world parasites that Samson and Sekhmet are based on.

Reactions: Denizen
...her hair was tastefully combed over her eye, implying it was gone.
Surprised we didn't get a "Squigly's organ is pretty gone" response by now.

Reactions: Stairwayyy
Chicken's Parasite "pics"
Ah, the promo images from Cold Fear (2005 survival horror game) ad campaign. Gruesome, yet fake, stuff. Maybe seeing the creature in polygons will be less gross:

Z96agfG.jpg

Maybe not. Still gross.

That...sounds really iffy to me, Leviathan doesn't really display any signs of being able to do such things, plus all of his spacial manipulation is probably due to the Skullheart. While I agree he would TRY to be gentle, I don't think that fusing with a parasite is anything less then painful.
Leviathan's dynamic diameter
Lev's tail exits Squigly's right ear, yeah? Seeing how the ear canal is quite a narrow space and all parasites seem to possess some level of shape-shifting, I assume Leviathan can get quite thin if he wanted to.

However, my perspective may be colored by the Animorphs book series. In it there is a race of parasitic alien slugs called Yeerks that take control of host bodies by sliding in the ear. They practically become a silver liquid to manage tunneling down the canal and the subsequent delicately-small hearing organs to get to the brain without causing damage. The yeerk also secretes chemicals to numb any kind of pain or sensation. For a parasite that has been passed down for generations, I think Leviathan must be very practiced (unlike Samson, last seen glommed onto some random dog before finding Filia) and might have some evolutionary tricks for subtly bonding with a host.

As for the spacial manipulation (do you mean the time-stop switcherooo Albus gets in Eliza's story mode?), that could be attributed to awakened Skullgirl power (as we all know, Squigly's dependence on that power makes the pair such a suitable "alarm clock"), or Leviathan and Squigly's potential.

Haha-- er, I mean, shh! Do you wanna get banned? Someone posted an image with that particular phrase into the new Squigly thread and were instantly "disappeared." Not that I disagree with spammers getting slapped on the wrist.

I'd be that guy if I had the picture Or the guts to get banned

Ah, the promo images from Cold Fear (2005 survival horror game) ad campaign.

I hate horror medias so much, man.
I still think Lev would work like a tapeworm in terms of gruesomeness, but mangoworms can work too. Every kind of worm is terrible to have in tho.
I also remember a very long parasite worm that gets into tarantulas, wish I remember how is it called.
Worms are so interesting. Even though they don't have a gentleman voice

However, my perspective may be colored by the Animorphs book series.
A lot of people do that, they let their own experiences color their view of a subject.
I'm no exception. Try to look at these things objectively.
(do you mean the time-stop switcherooo Albus gets in Eliza's story mode?)
Squigly doesn't stop time, where are you getting this-
Oh you must be a Jojo's fan.

Last edited:
I wanna make a Candiru joke right now, but I'm not sure It would work, nor am I sure I'd get away with it either.

I thought Leviathan was basically The World,tho?

It was like never stated anywhere that Leviathan manipulates time, lol.
You Jojo's fans are crazy.

It was like never stated anywhere that Leviathan manipulates time, lol.
You Jojo's fans are crazy.
I know that Squigly used the cutscene equivalent of her move,"Center Stage",To move Albus when she fled,I was just joking.Guess I didn't make it obvious enough.

Leviathan's dynamic diameter
Lev's tail exits Squigly's right ear, yeah? Seeing how the ear canal is quite a narrow space and all parasites seem to possess some level of shape-shifting, I assume Leviathan can get quite thin if he wanted to.
That's right, some level. I could probably imagine Samson being able to have some wire-length shit going on but Leviathan's shapeshifting ability seems really...limited? Same with Sekhmet for whatever reason. It really seems we're all desperate for a humane solution.

As for the spacial manipulation (do you mean the time-stop switcherooo Albus gets in Eliza's story mode?), that could be attributed to awakened Skullgirl power (as we all know, Squigly's dependence on that power makes the pair such a suitable "alarm clock"), or Leviathan and Squigly's potential.
It's space manipulation, like wormholes and shit.

That's right, some level. I could probably imagine Samson being able to have some wire-length shit going on but Leviathan's shapeshifting ability seems really...limited?

Would you look at this limited as shit transformation

NVEe94c.jpg

(stolen from luweewu's hitbox thread cause who's got time to take your own screenshots.)

Yeah but that's like an obvious super mode, it doesn't apply that his transformations are limitless.
I agree with Water, I think y'all are reaching a bit too far.

you know what else reaches far?

xMRHOF9.jpg

I'm not too attached to the idea that Lev was kind enough to inch through the very small and twisty ear canal so I'd like to bring up another move for this silly argument about nothing.

A8SKuT6.jpg

Leviathan is like the size of most of her earlobe, and that part isn't even the ear hole part. That is so much more larger than normal ear size. So either Leviathan is tiny and goes huge as soon as he leaves earspace, or squig has like no ear. Also in most of his moves he gets bigger and never seems to go any smaller than his "default size".

In short, squigly's left ear is gosh darn gone.

Reactions: BallotBoxer
I thought he resided in the entrance/exit wounds made by Black Dahlia shooting her execution-style. It's very appropriate, if you think about it.

Would you look at this limited as shit transformation

(stolen from luweewu's hitbox thread cause who's got time to take your own screenshots.)
ah yes, the one instance of a transformation that isn't squish and stretching say compared to Samson who's done how much shit?
We haven't seen him do as much as Samson's hair shit, the most is just morphing his face and stretching.

This might be somewhat... underwhelming of me to offer, but I was under the impression that most of the Skullgirls' cast are able to pull some stunts that broke the basic mass, volume and energy laws of physics, not just the parasites.

A bit of a non-sequitor, but are there any details about New Meridian's Chief of Police? The fact that whoever he/she is probably should get fired mostly notwithstanding, I think the person who managed to cover up something as taboo as policemen beating each other to death deserves at least some recognition.

Last edited:
Wasn't the New Meridian police force corrupt? I'm headcanoning that the chief of police is a James Gordon figure of sorts: the one good cop in a corrupt police force that he is doing his darnedest to steer in the right direction but finds himself in a futile endeavor.

And Irvin is the Harvey Bullock figure: once corrupt, but since turned over a new leaf.

I always thought of Big Band as the one good cop.

Funnily enough, the fact there even are police is kinda funny. Considering Parasoul and her Egrets seem to devote some time to catching criminals. (And man are they a whole lot scarier than the few cops we've seen.)

Reactions: SmashBlade
I always thought of Big Band as the one good cop.

Funnily enough, the fact there even are police is kinda funny. Considering Parasoul and her Egrets seem to devote some time to catching criminals. (And man are they a whole lot scarier than the few cops we've seen.)
Funny enough, we have government special units like the FBI when we have police, right?

Reactions: chickenwithtie
So, something I noticed last night:

Leviathan, upon Squigly's defeat by Parasoul: "USURPER!!!1!"

Could mean a bunch of things; I'm inclined to think it has something to do with the initial Renoire rise to power and, possibly, the fall of Eliza/the Theons.

(I don't know if this is one of the new Beta lines or if Squig's always had it. I don't play as Parasoul or Squigly enough to have a lot of opportunity therein.)

As for Big Band/Jim Gordon- so, who's Batman? D. Violet? Though, given the Robocop/Band parallels, Irvin could be that other cop who worked with Officer Murphy. Lots of corruption higher-up, but a mostly good albeit overworked street-level police force.

Nice! Though, come to think of it, I've heard rumors of Beo having history with the military/Parasoul, and his chair's been compared to a certain super soldier's shield, so... Where's the Captain America palette?

A lighter thought- @DDB may like this- If Beowulf has met Annie, thinking she's another performer- maybe we'll get a cameo at the beginning/end of his campaign? Hell, she could be the one suggesting he go after the Skullheart.

They'd make a pretty cool two-man act. Although it'd kind of be cooler if Beo was the sidekick and Annie was the playable one.
But still, they' could be an awesome duo.

Reactions: DDB
Why aren't all characters Annie?

Reactions: DDB
Small thing:

Eliza to Peacock sometimes battle intro: "You are a childish parody of the divine!"

So, apparently there was an Argus parasite/Theon at some point. Neat.
Alternatively, Tex Avery was literally a god in this setting and that's what Peacock's "childishly parodying." :PUN:

I think Mob Boss is closer to the target here.

Small thing:

Eliza to Peacock sometimes battle intro: "You are a childish parody of the divine!"

More or less stating that 1. One Peacock is indeed a child 2.She's a parody of several cartoons and vidya gaems 3. The literal meaning, Synthetic Parasites are fake Parasites which are divine being (allegedly) and that Peacock, with an assortment of synthetic parasites and other worldly abilities is a far cry from divinity.

Which raises the question, can a synthetic parasite reach a divine like state? Can they become demi gods? How much knowledge does the labs have on Parasites