• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Street Fighter V

So like, does that mean SF5 is gonna be after SF4 but before SF3?

(yes the storyline is v. important to me purchasing the game)

Pretty cool new moves for Dictator, rocking the grey and... seems like he learned to reflect from Rose (does that mean.. RIP Rose?)

oh that Bison looks p old
wonder if he's gonna die for super real this time

seems like he learned to reflect from Rose (does that mean.. RIP Rose?)
that looks nothing like soul reflect at all

Not very impressed by the Bison trailler, tbh.

that looks nothing like soul reflect at all
Well yeah... but it's kinda like the same property.
It could be the "Capcom way" of not including Rose but who knows! it's Capcom

Reactions: Covenant
Old grandpa Bison confirmed, when´s Elena? im not gonna play this game if Capcom doesn´t incluying her, seriously its the only char. that complete like.

Reactions: Rynozilla
maybe its me, but does it look like he's got some moves from the vs. games and cvs?

will paint the fence be back?

Dont care what they do with balancing the game but this game looks like SF4 HD. I thought they would deviate from sf4 cause everyone looks so muscular and chun li still has huge hands.

edit: I never liked Ken but its seem fishy thats there is no Ken yet..People would go crazy if he was dlc and they still would buy it anyways.

Last edited:
So like, does that mean SF5 is gonna be after SF4 but before SF3?

(yes the storyline is v. important to me purchasing the game)
Well M.Bison has grey hair and Ryu definitely looks older, so I'm guessing that it's after SFIII (most likely imo )or just before it.

image.jpg
This is what M. Bison does to us..

He should've grown some old man facial hair

I hope we get a Santa Bison costume
that would be great

I'm liking how they changed up his moves this time around. He now has a Rose-style reflect, faster teleport, c.HK causing a juggle, a launcher(?), stomp hitting OTG, and Psycho Crusher now being his "Ultra." I also like that you can actually tell he's aged whereas for Ryu and Chun-li it's not very noticeable.

Also looks like they improved on the graphics again. From clay-looking models (First trailer) to something a bit more bold and "cartoonish" (Charlie trailer), which isn't really a bad thing, to now something a bit more paint-like. Can't wait to see how it is in the final version.

Reactions: BallotBoxer
Gonna be honest, the most hype thing about the trailer is that new longcoat, like damn.
That's style.

Tho, uh, kinda wish they could show off characters on a new stage. I imagine it's the only one they have ready to go at this point, but
it's just really dark. And on my dim computer screen it's hard to make out some of the finer details.

Hopefully they'll show a new stage at E3.

Fast teleports, kinda like Lei Lei's dashes...
Headstomp OTG's like a pursuit...

Looks too vampire saviory to be true

I feel like the goal is to take the fun/good things that SF4 had to offer, and the fun/good things SFxT had to offer and add fresher ideas onto it to have a really new game.

Or it could just be mad different, either way I'm really excited. Hope we get to start seeing completely new characters or more characters that weren't just in SF4.

Gonna be honest, the most hype thing about the trailer is that new longcoat, like damn.
That's style.
You guys could've voted for him, you know. Just sayin.
SG_DLC_BrainDrain.jpg

I like the coat though. It makes him look more like the despotic sorcerer-lord that he truly is, as opposed to some overly-buff police officer dude.

Well I like what I'm seeing.
I find it funny how people are complaining about the speed, though.
Not every game needs to be twitch/reflex based.
Nothing wrong with more methodical gameplay.
Plus, the speed will probably help during online play. We need to know more about buffer periods though.

Anyway, I'm more concerned about how it feels than about how it looks in terms of speed.

huh... they actually gave Dictator back his psyco reflect. nice....

still it looked like he did a red focus in the video and i'm not too keen on that.

welp i'm outa here.

huh... they actually gave Dictator back his psyco reflect. nice....

still it looked like he did a red focus in the video and i'm not too keen on that.

welp i'm outa here.
red focus? All I see are EX's

Thank you all for refraining from making tired Tuesday jokes.

Not sure I dig Bison from what I've seen here. Of course it depends a lot on how the game itself plays, but yeah.

well, technically one person did.
but it was subtle.

Not sure I dig Bison from what I've seen here. Of course it depends a lot on how the game itself plays, but yeah.
the day we didnt make bad tuesday jokes was the greatest day of your life

but for me, it was tuesday

MOD EDIT: User was banned for this post.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also found out that the game would sell for 12 Bison dollars.
for you limey Brits,
every Bison dollar is equivalent to 5 British pounds.

Reactions: Shockdingo
Speaking as a limey Brit, I'll still pay that.