• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Street Fighter V

It's implied from a win quote from Karin that in-trade for being her sparring partner/punching bag Birdie gets to stay at her place.

It's implied from a win quote from Karin that in-trade for being her sparring partner/punching bag Birdie gets to stay at her place.
I was about to post this, but yeah, weird hah. I personally think it's cool how they're really connecting characters. With how many entries into the series there have been I'm glad more connections are being made. This could certainly lead to hilarious moments. Also nice of Capcom to put that his affiliation was "ex-Shadaloo" so as not to give away Karin. I'm guessing Nash's "none" affiliation will change the closer we get to story mode details and release.

oh we get the Shadaloo Airport. neato

the costumes look good. Cammy's perfect. Chun's shows off a ton of... skin... Other than that? meh, just hope they are not completely tied to the preorders that the open up later down the road for fight money.

Last edited:
Chun li is great like always. Bearder Ryu is badass.

And i really hope those costumes are dlc too, and not only pre order bonus.

Looks like Steam purchasers have a beta key for giveaway?

If anyone's interested, PM me your Steam name. I'll shoot it off sometime today.

Let's see how much grinding you need to get those characters.

As someone who has been playing Killer Instinct for over a year (which requires grinding for accessories and colors, with microtransaction alternatives), I think it might not be so bad as long as the grind isn't extremely steep. If a Fighter is good, you're gonna be playing a lot of matches anyway.

I say Birdie slept with Karin and she's paying him not to spill the beans

Reactions: destruction_adv
I say Birdie slept with Karin and she's paying him not to spill the beans
wut.jpg

what.
the.
actual.
fuck.

Karin is way too fucking classy to even be near Birdie. Nah, Birdie is there because Karin knows Birdie used to be part of Shadaloo and their weird experiments, She's figuring even after Birdie's use of the Psycho-Drive draining him of most of his strength he can still take a beating and that it'll be helpful for her to prefect her fighting style, ie: "You're now a punching bag for me you pig." "Oi~! Don't call me pig! Just as long as I get some food after this we'll be even..." (which mind you she was still learning and trying to prove to the world she was the strongest just like Sakura back in Alpha)

Someone's waifu just got trashed.

What if Karin actually falls in deep love with Birdie, and now she have to struggle, because no one accepts that she is in love with a punk that is older than her by at least 2 decades and is also poor.

The fight for true love starts in SFV.

why can't ninja-san just accept the love between an Australian man and a japanese woman ;~;

Reactions: TaNooki
Hey guys! What is going on.... here....? *Sees comments about Birdie X Karin*

I.... think I've seen enough.

>talking about lore

>only talking about sexual relations between characters

y

>talking about lore

>only talking about sexual relations between characters

y

Capcom asked for it.

Karin is obviously into big belly boys. Her main servant that follows her around is quite well endowed in the gut too. I'm betting when Rufus is announced as DLC his story arc will be about winning Karin away from Birdie.

Here she is entering a hot dog eating contest to win E.Honda's (the original Big Belly Bro) approval.
2a0c5c75-2315-4435-a125-c3dfb4ea1d72.jpg

Last edited:
Your dumbass ships suck

Juri x Abel 4ever

I was about to post this, but yeah, weird hah. I personally think it's cool how they're really connecting characters.
I wonder if they'll ever explain the situation with Karin's mother? They haven't shown her officially yet, but according to the wiki her mother's name is Nadeshiko, so if they really wanted to, they could make some interesting connections with that... :3 (plz Capcom, show some spirit!)

This probably explains how Birdie can pay for his unlimited supply of snacks and that friggin' huge donut! That man is truly enjoying the finer things in life and has the gut to show for it. I'm loving this pairing more and more by the second, lol!

"You're now a punching bag for me you pig." "Oi~! Don't call me pig! Just as long as I get some food after this we'll be even..." (which mind you she was still learning and trying to prove to the world she was the strongest just like Sakura back in Alpha)
Hmm... So Birdie is like Karin's Dan then... Interesting parallel...

Last edited:
Birdie is supposed to be Australian? Shit..... we got Zappa, Birdie and Marduk...... yay

Birdie is supposed to be Australian? Shit..... we got Zappa, Birdie and Marduk...... yay
No, he's British.

I was wondering in pre order the game then i just saw that in 2 days guilty gear Xrd will be found on pc...
Oh beta!
3fxx9.jpg

well birdie's a british criminal
that's basically the same thing as an australian, right

jeez i make a callback joke and it flies right over you fellas' heads

Looks like they are really ramping up Crush counters with this and CH state on whiffed DPs.

Yeah that's pretty damn nuts. SteamOS already doing good things for the PC community!

That said, I doubt if I'll get it to work. I'm rocking Arch which has some issues here and there that I'm too lazy to iron out. So if it works, that's amazing. I'll very, very rarely have to hop onto windows. If it doesn't work... well, that's why I have Win10 installed, right?

It seems to use a normal priority system, similar to 3rd Strike and Killer Instinct.
I'm curious whether they did it the way where that only applies to limb boxes, or the way that applies the priority even if both hits impacted the body of the other person.