• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Wulf Den

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I know is that Beowulf is going to have one of the "ungodly trinity of wrestling moves", the vertebreaker(it goes by many names)

The other two are the Burning Hammer and the Canadian Destroyer if you were curious.

Reactions: Shockdingo
hammaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

The big problem with the vertebraker is they would need to like figure a way to animate the hooked arms.

The canadian destroyer seems easier though.

Last edited:
Idk though when it comes to finishers I'm more of a fan of striking finishers barring maybe the package piledriver.

package-piledriver-o.gif

But you have the underhooks as a problem again.

Like right now my fav is the boma ye...just cause it's so simple and yet Nak gets so much mileage out of it. Boma ye tranlates to "kill him" and essentially that's exactly what it looks like at times.

KENTA's gts is also really rad cause unlike Punk's it looks like he has kicked his opponents face off.

Also special mention to the Daniel Bryan Baisaku knee he stole from KENTA.

All these things being said I am very much a fan of brutal looking and complex wrestling
moves, but much like my asian mist rant not every move would fit the dude or can even
be animated. Though it's cool to think about.

Last edited:
#firstworldgrapplerproblems
Seriously though, that's one of the downsides of being a Grappler in a hand drawn 2D Fighting Game.
All of the coolest moves require too much time, effort, and resources to animate.
It sucks I know, but there's really nothing we can do about it.

So the answer is to make a sprite by sprite replication of Tizok or thawk.

Laz Zero give up while your ahead, it's thawk's time to shine.

By the time it's time for Beowulf, the budget will have dropped so low that Beowulf ends up looking like a recolored Cerebella.

The one thing that was always a bummer to me about the original indygogo is that there were no additional voice tracks announced for any of the new characters besides big band.

Heel Wolf or Lucha wolf who only speaks in spanish are like the bests of ideas.

Reactions: Shockdingo
That would imply we weren't, silly. Starwulf exists for a reason.

Reactions: Denizen
Idk though when it comes to finishers I'm more of a fan of striking finishers barring maybe the package piledriver.

All these things being said I am very much a fan of brutal looking and complex wrestling
moves, but much like my asian mist rant not every move would fit the dude or can even
be animated. Though it's cool to think about.

Man, all these clips make me want to get back into wrestling, I've never had the pleasure of watching Japanese wrestling. I love just the brutal creativity in these and the energy as the crowd is lit up in anticipation to see these moves.

Reposting my spoilered backlist of good matches again, for people who want to check out wrassling before beowulf is out. I know these could be posted in the "what do you want to see" thread, but I don't really want to see any of this in particular. Also that thread makes my eyes hurt.

Here is a list of matches ranging from modern era to 80s and 90s wcw with a bit of japanese stuff thrown in.

Match one: Sami Zayn vs Cesaro 2/3 Falls: one of the first big matches of the former el generico. A definite match of the year cantidate last year featuring constant action and drama with perhaps one of the greatest babyfaces in wrestling today.

Second match: Kota Ibushi vs Ricochet: a definite example of the japanese style as well as the syle of 2 of the best high fliers in wrestling today.

Third match: This is a match between two of the wrestlers in the world bryan danielson (daniel bryan) and KENTA. Long drawn out and brutal to watch. Not recommended for beginner viewing.

Fourth Match: The japanese equivelent of wrestlemania housed this slugfest a year ago. Childhood friends Goto and Shibata beat the living shit out of one another for the amusement of the crowd in one of the best modern examples of the strong style.

Fifth match: Cesaro from the first match has a go at Daniel Bryan: an abridged video but you essentially get the idea. Lots of european uppercuts in this one.

Sixth match: PAC vs Prince Devitt: 2 European stars go at it in one of the most important japanese wrestling tournaments. Featuring High flying flippy stuff and Devitt coming out to music from the Karate kid movie.

Seventh match: Kushida vs Kota Ibushi: Ibushi fights another one of the best junoir weights in the world in the "back to the future" loving Kushida. Watch out for that hoverboard lock its a killer.

Eighth match: Scott Hall/ Razor Ramone vs Shawn Michaels in a ladder match. The second most famous ladder match probably after Shawn vs Bret.

Ninth match: With warrior recently passing it was no brainer to include this classic match with the also deceased Macho man Randy Savage. Two of the greatest wrestlers of all time. A clear example of 80s wrestling and the colossal characters there in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBM7nj1sTPM

Tenth through twelfth match: The mecha mummy trilogy featuring Minoru Suzuzki. An incredibly japanese series of comedy matches featuring one Minoru Suzuki. Suzuki is actually a master of catch wrestling and was personally trained by Karl Gotch...seemingly also a master of comedy and having really terrible looking hair.

Thirteenth match: I would be remiss to not include any rock or undertaker..so why not include what might be one of their greatest matches. Featuring a ton of finishers and the olympic gold medalist Kurt Angle.

Fourteenth match: Rey Mysterio's coming out party in WCW. This is the match that sort of created Rey. A lucha style flippy match featuring the late and great Eddie Guerrero.

Fifteenth match: Young bucks vs red dragon: The literal two biggest indy tag teams today have it out in what is probably one of the most fun to watch matches I've ever seen.

http://rutube.ru/video/247a4df133d860a366800e260284eeda/

Sixteenth match: Russiatube link to Steen vs Nakamura. I love Nakamura and I also love Steen. Thus you have a really comedic intense match that leaves the audience wanting more. Two guys at the top of their game destined for much bigger things.

Generico and Steen go to war in what might be my only real hardcore match on this list.

Seventeenth match: Taker vs Diesal: Both big man are in their prime and as a person who absolutely loathes western big man matches. This is more than adequate.

Eighteenth match: Kurt Angle vs Brock Lesnar: A very intense encounter featuring tons of big hitting spots as well as matt wrestling.

Nineteenth match: Young bucks vs Timesplitters: The back to the future themed tag team takes on the ever obnoxious young bucks. Another dumb fun match.

Twentieth match: Tanahashi vs Prince Devitt: A black and white example of babyface vs heel as Devitt does any underhanded tactic he can in order to defeat japanese Cena.

Twenty-first match: Michaels vs Angle: Once in a generation match that always gets superseded by Rock vs Hogan or Cena vs Rock. It's a better match than either frankly.

Twenty-second match: Rob Van Dam vs John Cena: If you've never had experiences with a crowd response in a wrestling match I heavily endorse this one.

Twenty-third match: King of Strong Style Shinsuke Nakamura vs Kota Ibushi. Not a beginner match, but endlessly brutal and fun to watch. It's sort of the match that got Kota Ibushi a contract with New Japan wrestling.

Twenty-fourth match: Triple H vs Daniel Bryan: Solid drama filled match at the last wrestlemania. A masterclass between two people who know exactly what they are doing in and out.

Twenty-fifth match: Ricochet vs Kushida: A flippy drama filled jaunt at the very end of the biggest junior weight tournament in japan. Ricochet is aiming to impress and become a much bigger name in pro wrestling. Kushida as always is solid and fun to watch as well.

If you don't care for for long matches or are just getting into it I suggest the ricochet matches, the mecha mummy stuff, the young bucks stuff, and like most of the wwe stuff. My personal favorite in all these is shibata vs goto. The fourth video.

Also yay at confirmation that the death screen is wip in the patch notes today.

Edit: I worked my butt off but I created an index for those matches so you can single out the kind of stuff you would like to watch.

Last edited:
However, I would sincerely ask that you please remember to put them in quotes.
I think you mean spoilers. Anyway putting them in spoilers doesn't solve the problem, it just hides them from sight. In a thread that's meant to have a lot videos, it's smart to have a rule that states only to post the links to the videos.
Just a bit of advice.

ANyone of you guys in Tumblr? If no, lucky you. People are getting mad at Skullgirls for having Jojo references.

Tumblr's mad about something? SOUND THE ALARM.

Reactions: Ryin
there has been Jojo's refences since vanilla

I thought getting mad at fictional boobs was stupid, but damn Tumblr always surprises me

I thought getting mad at fictional boobs was stupid, but damn Tumblr always surprises me

The pc police on that site just made took a real quick side step to the left, next thing you know they're going to get mad that beowulf isn't sexually attracted to double or some bullshit because "DOUBLE'S A REAL WOMAN AND REAL WOMEN NEED LOVE".

god, i want to go take an ice pick to my head now.

Goddamnit Tumblr, all you're good for is NSFW blogs.

As part of the Koga Ryu I am barred from using the major social media apps. So I have to ask what is a Tumbler? Is it when you throw someone off a large hill and watch them tumble down the whole thing? If so then I would love to watch this Tumbler... Tumble :PUN:

There's a special place in Hell for the people on that site.

To make it short: It's a social website that technically works very well, but has a shitty community of oversensitive, spoiled, teen compulsive liars. Usually girls.

I think you mean spoilers. Anyway putting them in spoilers doesn't solve the problem, it just hides them from sight. In a thread that's meant to have a lot videos, it's smart to have a rule that states only to post the links to the videos.
Just a bit of advice.

I did mean spoilers but as always I'm a little scatterbrained.

But yeah, just posting links is counter intuitive when spoilers allow pretty decent load times while keeping out visual clutter (and they also allow you to stay on Skullheart while watching which is my preference at least). Like that's the general idea and why mods get on people for using big unspoilered images and why certain other threads don't look so good.

I mean users can post links if they want but spoilers make it basically so people can post everything else too without negatively effecting anyone and it's just easier overall.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

Last edited:
We should start a Tumblr hate thread. You know, to now go off topic.
I just want a place to go where I can hate them along with everyone else.

Reactions: agent13
Like I agree with the sentiment but idk how ethical that is.

Healthy discussion of why horrible people are bad is unethical?

Status
Not open for further replies.