• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Fukua General Discussion

I don't think we have a player in here with only one hand.

The #2 player from Never Land begs to differ.

Only thing is, audio isn't something you always want to rely on; what if you're put into a position where you can't hear game audio, and you've based most of your reactions to Clone on audio cues?

Then yell at your org to get headphones for the setups. In ideal competitive situation, both competitors have headphones to block out crowd noise and to hear the game audio.

Then yell at your org to get headphones for the setups. In ideal competitive situation, both competitors have headphones to block out crowd noise and to hear the game audio.
But we can't always rely on the "ideal". Hell, TSB didn't have headphones to block out noise, and people did just fine.

Fukua is starting to remind more and more of Shadow from OMF2097. <3
That would be because Mike loves Shadow from OMF2097 so it makes perfect sense.

When's command grab clone? :p

I don't even have game sound when I play at home most of the time

I dunno how hard it really is to react to the shadows as my online experience is currently gimped by playing on 20 FPS and I don't even see Fukua turn black before she hits me
I don't think "Her mixups are unreactable" is a valid complaint in SG though

Reactions: Mwisk and mcpeanuts
I don't even have game sound when I play at home most of the time

I dunno how hard it really is to react to the shadows as my online experience is currently gimped by playing on 20 FPS and I don't even see Fukua turn black before she hits me
I don't think "Her mixups are unreactable" is a valid complaint in SG though
My laptop can't play Skullgirls for more than five minutes without crashing entirely, so I don't really know how hard the clone mix-up is to deal with in practice either. If it leaves you enough time to chicken block, it's probably fine.

It's not hard to react by sight to Fukua's shadow mixup, just block low, react high if you must block (try not to, they're +infinity), but if you hear the hmph then you can react to the standing still darkening and hmph and then do something like super jump call assist and then fukua's done

Man, Drillationship assist having Invincibility is actually really obnoxious, since it has better invincibility frames than LK Bomber and moves forward faster and goes further.

Of course it could be that I just don't have any idea how to work around it yet but it feels hard to cope with. Could be just my kneejerk reaction.

I've spent a day without internet and when I come back Fukua is even more fun! New moves, super and frames (Shoutouts to @Skullmageddon future L0 full-time employee in my dreams).

So I'm assuming that her go to super for damage after combos is QCT+KK now and her BFF is combo-extender, punish, baits and mix-up utility super. Cool, adds more decision and options.

Reactions: Skullmageddon
I just realised she's the first and only character that currently has three lvl 1 supers.

Reactions: blufang and klaww
Yeah I noticed that new super yesterday, awesome looks like it could work really well as a defensive anti air also.

Is there any particular reason as to why she can't use the same shadow twice in the same combo?

Is there any particular reason as to why she can't use the same shadow twice in the same combo?
I guess it would be a bit over the top damage wise to get ground strings into shadow over and over.

Probably wants to stop what made Shadow so broken back in OMF 2097.

After she makes one, they want to sit back and see the rest of the combo.

The real reason is, this is the nicer version of "you can only use it once per combo".

Only a matter of time before there will be people thinking Fukua is the original while Filia is the clone.

Why not speed up the process and start collectively pretending Filia is the April Fools joke.

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
I'm interested in the updates Today, but I must sadly wait till after work. I also cant wait to see her palettes fleshed out and the inevitable Mewtwo palette.

I really like the new fireball. New palette looks nice, can't tell what it is though.
So does that 5f of invincibility make it viable for a good reversal assist?

I really like the new fireball. New palette looks nice, can't tell what it is though.
Yeah I love the new fireballs :) the other ones seemed way too pixelated for some reason. Just didn't fit. And how much invincibility did it have before?

I don't know why, but the older fireballs looked like little balls of hair.

I don't know why, but the older fireballs looked like little balls of hair.
That's probably because they were. They were just Filia's Hairball sprite shrunk down.

I quite like how Fukua's new moves are making more use of her original powers. Astral projection and balls made of spirit energy are things that no one else in the cast has, much less Filia. Also, I kinda kept wondering where the mass for the old fireballs came from, but that was just a nitpick of mine.

Considering in the previous patch it had 18? frames of invincibility, this is a significant nerf and I think one that's probably warranted.

Still better than on release day though when it had none.

The new fireball sprites look pretty neat but I think they could use to be a little bigger?

Rain from Mortal Kombat. Although his fireball is supposed to be water, thus blue... I think the reason is purple is because of his aura in MK9 being purple when controlling the bubble or when doing the round the world roundhouse.

Then yell at your org to get headphones for the setups.
I'm sure they'll listen once they actually put SGE in as an official game.

I just realised she's the first and only character that currently has three lvl 1 supers.
And if you wanna get technical, Fukua has the most Lv1's, and more than three.

• Fireball Super
    • Ground
    • Air
      • LPMP
      • MPHP
      • LPHP
  • Drill Super
  • Clone Super
Counting each angle from Fireball individually, Fukua has a total of six Lv1's, compared to Squigly's four (all three SBO angles and Daisy)

I like the new fireball, but will fondly remember ye old hairball [puts on hat....takes off hat in respect]

Also, I dunno if it's been mentioned already but a well timed lk drillationship after a ground throw lets you keep your red bounce :)

Also, I dunno if it's been mentioned already but a well timed lk drillationship after a ground throw lets you keep your red bounce :)
And is +5f on block. So, like, do mixups and stuff.

Considering in the previous patch it had 18? frames of invincibility, this is a significant nerf and I think one that's probably warranted.

Still better than on release day though when it had none.

The new fireball sprites look pretty neat but I think they could use to be a little bigger?
If i read the notes right, and understand everything, her drill didn't get changed at all, it went from a not at all invincible assist to a 5f invincible as an assist.

If i read the notes right, and understand everything, her drill didn't get changed at all, it went from a not at all invincible assist to a 5f invincible as an assist.
Last patch I believe it was changed to same as the point? Now its down to 5 frames, but from using it in game, it still seems like a pretty effective assist. It's biggest weakness is actually its lack of verticality, but it is probably the BEST anti assist - assist now, better than hairball ever was.

It is really hard to convert anything off it outside the corner though.

Last patch I believe it was changed to same as the point? Now its down to 5 frames, but from using it in game, it still seems like a pretty effective assist. It's biggest weakness is actually its lack of verticality, but it is probably the BEST anti assist - assist now, better than hairball ever was.

It is really hard to convert anything off it outside the corner though.
ah, thank you for clearing that up.
I was just hoping that I could replace Filia with Fukua with that assist with Val. But I'll play around with it more/wait until she's finalized.

If any of you have no idea why Fukua takes inspiration from a ridiculously old PC-only fighting game, here's something to start your journey into the world of HARs and WAR: an updated version of the title theme of One Must Fall: 2097 arranged by the original composer!

Has it been mentioned that her idle hitboxes are off? She's uses filia's idle boxes but it makes her hitable in places she shouldnt be.

Has it been mentioned that her idle hitboxes are off? She's uses filia's idle boxes but it makes her hitable in places she shouldnt be.

Yes, it has. A bunch of her hitstuns and such also use her idle hitboxes so Mike elected to keep them all the same as Filia's so that whatever combos work on Filia also work on Fukua. Plus it was less work. heh

Yes, it has. A bunch of her hitstuns and such also use her idle hitboxes so Mike elected to keep them all the same as Filia's so that whatever combos work on Filia also work on Fukua. Plus it was less work. heh
huh....ok, then.
[goes back to lab]

Wow those Shadow Clone moves are really really plus on block. Its kind of crazy actually. Good thing there's no true blockstrings into them. You'd better get your mash on.

Wow those Shadow Clone moves are really really plus on block. Its kind of crazy actually. Good thing there's no true blockstrings into them. You'd better get your mash on.
Most of them you can move before they hit. So yeah lol