• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Her Parasite is as Deadly as her Beauty - it's the Blood Goddess Eliza!!! Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ladies and Gentlemen, in celebration of Eliza's entire basic move set being revealed, I am mildly pleased to announce the WIP Archive entry has received a MASSIVE overhaul to have everything properly identified to make navigation easier and let people know exactly what they are seeing. I concede the order might not be the best... (.__.)
Work is still not over, though. The next part will be to add Wikipedia links to the cultural and mythological ancient Egyptian references that are present in her move set. Help in this part would be welcome.

You are truly doing the lord's work, Balder. <3

Reactions: Balder
I'm liking what i see so far for Eliza. I love playing characters with good normals.

I'm liking what i see so far for Eliza. I love playing characters with good normals.

Yeah, Parasoul and Eliza are gonna have some insanely good coverage for each other with how good both of their sets of normals are. :D

I c
So, remember when Persona said Eliza had a DP, and that it was really unique?
I think this is it. I think it might act like A.B.A's key grab, and will transform Eliza into Sekmet on hit or something
3mWPEQZ.jpg
I can see that, but to balance it and force players to use the mode wisely there must be a cost. Perhaps that mode eats red life, but returns it if you use the same move to return to Eliza mode; if you run out of red life without connecting with that attack it cancels what ever you're doing and forces you to return to Eliza mode (long recovery frames is a must). It could work very well if she has moves that give her red life (already planned iirc) so it would end up a lot like ABA's command hit-grabs.

You are truly doing the lord's work, Balder. <3
Everyone's chipping in. I can't take all the credit. (__)

i just can't wait to play her so i can drop val
Poor girl has never been the same since the color change.

Side note, Mike Z mentioned in the latest Salty Update topic that Eliza's stage is named Bath of Tefnut.
Incidentally, the stage has been designed by Willy Hwang, right? I should add it to the art compendium....

Oh, man, I didn't see that. I have to see it.

Maybe the animation isn't done yet? It's colored though so i'm unsure.
It's missing the tablet that acts as her shield and a barrier for Sekhmet to push, there'll be different engravings and it looks like they weren't implemented yet.
index.php

Last edited:
Her eyes look different in that picture, someone posted a slowmotion video a page or two back of the Salty stream, her eyes look really strange during the animation, the blue in her iris isn't colored in and it makes it look incredibly creepy.
You mean this? Because they do look pretty blank and lifeless.

Edit: Curses beaten

Attachments

• Eliza's Eyes.png
    Eliza's Eyes.png
    175.2 KB · Views: 360
Reactions: Calypsx
View attachment 2773
As you can see at this point in the block you can tell she does not like the touchy (if you listen carefully you can hear Eliza think "No this peasant didn't")
Oh shit, I'm actually getting uncomfortable looking at that.

Lol, Yeah I thought it would be a cool, "imma whoop yo ass" look but its just plain....creepy fish eyes...maybe that isn't the finished animation...-cough-

First thing I thought was cat eyes when I saw them in slow mo. Still creepy though.

Reactions: Covenant
As you can see at this point in the block you can tell she does not like the touchy (if you listen carefully you can hear Eliza think "No this peasant didn't")
Albus! Horace! Didn't I make it abundantly clear that this is a "hands off" show?!
(That glare is soooo directed at them. Or the player...because it's also YOUR fault!)

Anywho, rewatched the stream archive to comb it for the missing unarchived goodies (block and push block) and "caught" this one by accident as I'm kind of a Slowpoke with hitting the PrtScr button. -_-"
A jumping/landing frame.
vxBLGlp.png

Oujo-sama's a cougar in more ways than one. :3

Oujo-sama's a cougar in more ways than one ;3

ew, you just had make weird Balder. In my eyes she's like 20, don't care if she's older than my great-great-great-great-grandmum. still hit that up any day of the week.

Reactions: Covenant
ew, you just had make weird Balder. In my eyes she's like 20, don't care if she's older than my great-great-great-great-grandmum. still hit that up any day of the week.

at least she's not the whole "ha, i look like i'm 10 but i've been here since the creation of time" loli anime sterotype

at least she's not the whole "ha, i look like i'm 10 but i've been here since the creation of time" loli anime sterotype
Hey you can rip on DDB, but don't rip on Annie. They're all Alex Ahad's babies, he wouldn't like what you're saying.

For the record Eliza is way older than Annie.

Hey you can rip on DDB, but don't rip on Annie. They're all Alex Ahad's babies, he wouldn't like what you're saying.

For the record Eliza is way older than Annie.

funny enough i meant characters like rachel from bb and a whole bunch of other ones and didn't even think of annie

Reactions: Woofly
View attachment 2773

This eyes are the Sekmeth ones, no? Maybe is intended, remembering the push block (Sek goes out and Elisa becomes "eyeless")

Kinda reminds me of Nemisis's blocking animation in MvC3 where he basically just stands there and shrugs everything off.

To me they're representing the full black pupils of the egyptian frescos.
SuperStock_1566-051844.jpg

It's a detail I really love.
This character animation is full of culture and gore details, she's a masterpiece by herself.

To me they're representing the full black pupils of the egyptian frescos.

It's a detail I really love.
This character animation is full of culture and gore details, she's a masterpiece by herself.

Yeah, it does look to be intentionally designed to look like those. Guess I just never noticed the semblance until seeing an image side by side with the in-game shot. You're probably right on that one and I agree I kinda like it too honestly. :D

Reactions: chickenwithtie
To be honest it's hard to tell exactly how it'll work when it's able to hit opponents since there's no hit boxes applied to it yet.
This is Skullgirls we're talking about, aka the game who used to have such accurate hitboxes they had to change them so combos would work.
Unless you mean properties, then we got no room to speculate.

Reactions: ruins72
This is Skullgirls we're talking about, aka the game who used to have such accurate hitboxes they had to change them so combos would work.
Tell me more about this? I wasn't around for the pre-Squigly version of the game.

Reactions: ruins72
Tell me more about this? I wasn't around for the pre-Squigly version of the game.
Yeah, I heard they had to tone down how good they were with the hitboxes.
I think it was Alpha-version though?

That accusation juxtaposed to that confession has left me in a unsurmountable loss for words.
But I will state my disagreement with your estimate of the approximate age her appearance gives. Nadia's 20, Parasoul's 25 and Val's 27 and I sincerely doubt she's meant to look similar agewise to Parasoul, let alone Fortune. I say late 20's at tops.

We'll see when the official profiles are added...maybe by 2018 (I mean, Squigs and Ben don't even have theirs on the site yet).

Eliza's all like "I've seen some shit".
298.png

PTSDGirls

Reactions: Shumabooma
That accusation juxtaposed to that confession has left me in a unsurmountable loss for words.
But I will state my disagreement with your estimate of the approximate age her appearance gives. Nadia's 20, Parasoul's 25 and Val's 27 and I sincerely doubt she's meant to look similar agewise to Parasoul, let alone Fortune. I say late 20's at tops.

We'll see when the official profiles are added...maybe by 2018 (I mean, Squigs and Ben don't even have theirs on the site yet).
Squigly recently had her's leaked.

But yeah, with Alex's information of her having a career for 20 years, I think she's definitely meant to be like 36ish? at the earliest if she wants to portray herself accurately.

What I thought would be a special ended up being her standing HK. This is looking like my kinda character.

Status
Not open for further replies.