• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Her Parasite is as Deadly as her Beauty - it's the Blood Goddess Eliza!!! Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except 360 detection is a thing and you won't jump. Mike thought of that when he put in full circles.
I'm aware that it exists, but not every fighting game has that kind of care put into their systems and most times I see people going for 360 inputs they just spin their sticks to buffer the move and mash whatever other buttons they need. It might be a precise input for SG but that isn't true everywhere in the FGC.

I never had too much trouble with that motion, it is kind of a pain though to do at the drop of a hat. There's also that really annoying motion for Guile's Ultra "Flash Explosion" in SSF4 which is just an ultra version of flash kick but the motion is charge 1>3>1>9 3xK and my god could it be a pain to use on command without a lot of practice. Though that's just more of a personal peeve than anything.

Eliza will pioneer the 318 (pyramid) motion.

Eliza will pioneer the 318 (pyramid) motion.

That.... Would actually be interesting as a motion, though it sounds like a very strange motion to use for a move. However, if it happened I would totally use it all the time. Although wouldn't that need to be 3183?

In numpad terms, 1632143.

And Mike said he purposely doesn't have any HCB inputs. All inputs are and forever will be quarter-circles, DPs, Charges, or full circles.
He also said that taunts purposely have difficult inputs so pretzel isn't out of the question. And look at Big Band's level 5.

Well Big Band's Level 5 input isn't really complicated as much as it is a byproduct of doing it from the trumpet and playing the Skullgirls theme. And one of BB's taunt inputs was originally two HCBs, but everyone hated that, so I doubt pretzel would really be an option. Raging Demon inputs are different.

New art from http://dragons-in-my-sky.tumblr.com/

tumblr_n57mv9otHA1rctdi7o1_1280.png

tumblr_n5afifohvs1rctdi7o2_400.png

lulz on that last one, gotta love the look on Filia's face too. XD
Please don't quote gigantic images, especially directly after the originals. (And before anyone gets offended about me excessively moderating in here, image quoting has been in the rules since day one of this forum.)

Nice image, but Sekh definitely needs to lay off all that marrow. Getting a bit pudgy.

Please don't quote gigantic images, especially directly after the originals. (And before anyone gets offended about me excessively moderating in here, image quoting has been in the rules since day one of this forum.)

Nice image, but Sekh definitely needs to lay off all that marrow. Getting a bit pudgy.

Ah, my apologies, I didn't mean for it to stretch the page, wasn't intentional I assure you. Just a bit of a derp on my part. Won't happen again. ^^

As for that Fukua/Filia face, it's hilarity is not hindered at all by the corrections and I still love it ha ha.

Filia's face is fantastic.

I don't know where to put this idea so I'll put it here.

just had a rush of ideas for the blood for Eliza. Instead of having individual drops of blood on the field, like in Mikes example video, make it so the blood that touches each other makes a pool of blood in that area. As more blood drops hit that area the blood pool gets bigger. The blood pool can become sort of a reflective surface and shows the reflections of characters when they stand over it. I don't know if the system can handle that though. That'd be like adding double the amount of character sprites on the screen.

The blood pool would also look cool when summoning blood drops to do attacks. Maybe if the blood pool is big enough it can do attacks Killer instinct Glacious style. If she can control the blood, like how ms.fortune makes her head walk, the blood can sort of move like the symbyote stuff from spiderman 3.

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD SHE'S HERE SHE'S FREAKING HERE YOU GUYS MIKE WE LOVE YOU.
BlToQeyCYAAC2ww.png

Eliza is looking pretty good so far I must say and a lot of the moves are multi-hit a lot more than I would have initially thought but wow she has a lot of em for sure and from the look of how she was being played she was not a charge character at all, so no worries there for people that might have been concerned about that. Her j.LK and j.MK are indeed both going to be quite awesome too from the way they looked, and according to Mike himself. X3

All her stuff looks great, I'm even more proud she was my second vote! Her theme seems pretty good, do we know it's final or just the WIP version?

She looks so interesting. But I really don't think I'll be able to learn her playstyle competently. She just looks like one of those characters you love but will suck with.

I'll just play with her in training mode. :D

welp off to make some Eliza smut... I hope that she doesn't drink my blood as punishment when she sees them. *crosses fingers*

funny enough i actually think the hardest movement i've ever done 4623+kk(it's a counter move)
and i used to do ivy's calamity symphony with no problem (376231+a+b)

too bad mike ain't putting her in yet.

Eh, most of her hit boxes aren't in there yet and some moves haven't even been finished getting timed so it would be kinda pointless to have her in the beta right now anyway, you'd only have light punch and some of her other most basic normals to use. Even her one special move that's in right now had no hit boxes. I'm fine with waiting longer since I'd rather have a more complete or closer to complete character to play around with than one that still needs that much work. At least we're getting her stage in the Fukua patch.

This is what I get for skipping a Salty T_T

Eh, most of her hit boxes aren't in there yet and some moves haven't even been finished getting timed so it would be kinda pointless to have her in the beta right now anyway, you'd only have light punch and some of her other most basic normals to use. Even her one special move that's in right now had no hit boxes. I'm fine with waiting longer since I'd rather have a more complete or closer to complete character to play around with than one that still needs that much work. At least we're getting her stage in the Fukua patch.

yeeeeeaaahhhhh.....

still making that smut though... Mistress Eliza can not stop me.

Eliza has an air dash, I'm so using her.

yeeeeeaaahhhhh.....

still making that smut though... Mistress Eliza can not stop me.

But Albus and Horace could find you and stop you for her, heh. I gotta say I love that super creepy back dash, it's great and with the way the rest of her moves have been drawn so far, I'm gonna love making opponents uncomfortable with those creepy moves. XD

I screencap'd like crazy to try to catch new Eliza stuff:

2tC801P.jpg

T9SE1TO.jpg

CJmTlJ3.jpg

BoqxYvD.jpg

ydfwzBM.jpg

3mWPEQZ.jpg

IWqLhcl.jpg

GhlMKIy.jpg

ES6srtW.jpg

EDIT: Here are some more:

jlT55As.jpg

Sm8qxuw.jpg

mVQ2ewY.jpg

E6LdR9j.jpg

HpLlqP8.jpg

KBdnryR.jpg

Eliza has the following frames colored: standing idle, crouching idle, backdash, standing turnaround, a bunch of blocks/pushblocks and her tag out.

Here's the link to the archive of Eliza's updates: http://www.twitch.tv/ugclive/b/527443188

Last edited:
There was definitely a lot being shown off, I should have started up my screen capturing video software to record it, but don't they archive Salty each time they do it? If not then I am sad face.

"Eliza is not going into Beta until she has throws at least. But her stage is (when Fukua goes out in the retail version)" - Mike Z

Reactions: Wenzel and Espresso
I'm going to have to wait for @Makross to put up a stream archive. I just caught a glimpse and Eliza looks gorgeous.

Status
Not open for further replies.