• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Street Fighter V

There's something wrong...

Too much boobs, not enough ass (yet)... ... ... ... What Brazilian is this!? o_O' Oh come on Capcom, another plane crash!?!?

/hue

Seriously now: She looks the most unique yet, and that stage... that stage with the stereotypes, the matches there must always be in February. :P

She seems to be the first female that has a personality (judging from her movements and facial expressions) to justify the sexy wear. She seems like I know what I got and Ima flaunt it kinda woman as opposed to the other 3.

I wanna see how she plays before I will say I am excited for her.
in terms of design though, she looks alright.

A Blanka daughter?

To me, she uses Capoeira and MMA

Last edited:
Someone can tell what she saying?My japanese kinda sucks.

I mean have you looked at SF4's roster? Like every character has an ex move that goes though or over or under fireballs or has a divekick or something like that on top of having Focus to deal with them.
Yeah and, .. have you looked at which chars are good in SF4? :F

In general, yes.. it is a bit overblown going by the info we currently have
Options against fireballs don't matter TOO much if the fireballs are just very good (high damage / high pushback / low recovery / slow / ..)
One DOES get the impression though that this game is supposed to be hyper offence.

And how fun they are to play is not what I meant. In my experience zoners are usually fun to play but usually not fun to play against.
Which character/archetype when played well IS "fun to play against"?

A grappler, whom you utterly dominate for 50 seconds and then he guesses one jumpin right and you lose?
A vortex character who lands one hit and then proceeds to ignore the rest of the game in favour of safe unseeable mixups?
A divekick rushdown monster who endlessly pressures you from an angle you can't really touch?
etc

You quickly end up at playing Ryu Mirrors.. and even then it's kinda 'lame' how he has an insanely strong beat-all option in his DP

Last edited:
I think the game is more fun with the lack of zoners.

feels like a 3D fighter.
feels good.
feels offensive.
I like it.
only way it can get better if everyone has a universal crouching punch that is godlike.

Yeah and, .. have you looked at which chars are good in SF4? :F

Well I dunno in the top 32 of the protour standings 2 Akumas, 1 Evil Ryu, 2 Guile and 2 Sagat representing a lot of fireball use. Then there's 2 Ken's, a Rose and 3 Seth's that have useful but not amazing fireballs.

Considering what proportion of the playable cast actually has fireballs they may actually be over represented.

My Russian husbando is back. I'm
Maybe Q's likeness to Robot Detective K keeps him back. Capcom's team of lawyers don't even want to chance it.
This breaks my heart ;_; to read, I pray Ono doesn't still feel this way...

She holds her boobs in place with her electricity powers
I remember that's how an electric based superheroine kept her outfit on in the early issues of Savage Dragon.

Cool to see her elec powers and what seems to be a projectile. Wanna know how she plays and what she sounds like.

At the rate things are going I have a strong feeling dlc characters are gonna be announced before the game even releases

Just give me footage about Laura´s gameplay!
Next week during Brazil Game Show. You do know she wasn't supposed to be revealed until then, right?

Pretty sure Harada was kind of pissed about T7 leaking that he had to scramble a hastily made trailer or something as a result.

I felt bad when it dropped because I figured he wouldn't be happy, but that, that's worse than I thought. I will say though, the leak made my day, I'm excited for the new character, it wasn't ruined for me, but I know what a showman he likes to be and not being able to do a big reveal must have crushed him since it was something to look forward to while being flung around the world non-stop.

At the rate things are going I have a strong feeling dlc characters are gonna be announced before the game even releases
There are four SFV events left this month alone, and at least the Capcom Cup in December, though we just got the reveal for one of them early. That leaves two characters between now and the release window, what else could they do?

Announce DLC characters months in advance? Terrible idea. Reveal you were lying about the roster size so you could build hype when you tell us the roster is larger and X characters get in? Nonsensical. Rely on story build up? It's Street Fighter. Beta test for balance? The public events aren't best for this, so you could do it online, if you're going to run an online beta till launch why would you not just launch and patch since that's what you're doing anyway?

I seriously can't figure out what they're planning.

Which character/archetype when played well IS "fun to play against"?

Exactly. Winning is fun and losing sucks. It's an inherent part of competitive games, you can't have your cake and eat it too.

Reactions: d3v
Winning is fun and losing sucks. It's an inherent part of the competitive games, you can't have your cake and eat it too.
I can't tell if you're being serious or not. Unless you're losing because the game is busted in some way, losing doesn't suck, you lost because of you, and you take what you learn and keep building and become better, that is an inherent part of competitive games, or fighting games at the very least.

If it doesn't come from lag or my missed input I NEVER feel bad about a loss.

I also like to fight characters I have most trouble with, cause that's some opportunity to learn. So as much as I hate Blanka in SFIV I always quasi-enjoyed matches with him.

Last edited:
If skullgirls was changed so that nothing ever felt frustrating or oppressive, it would be a much worse and much shallower game. I never feel good when I get hard zoned by a peacock. But you know, I don't think there's anything that feels better than beating a good peacock player.

I like how this thread went from "I'm not playing this game, my hype is dead" but the recent leak has suddenly rekindled some spirits. (Read: A few people only said these things, and I find it humorous; This is also classified as beef)

I still hope we get a video and junk for her-- I'm sure we will-- because screenshots rarely tell the whole tale

The leak made me happy, but i'm feeling bad about Ono now.

It must sucks, he prepared something that would probably be amazing, and 1 week early, poof.

BUt i want a trailer so bad for this, but i can wait...

I want to see how capcom responds to this leak.

I think we has one more character in the game: the Boss one! I dont think Vega/M.Bison or Necali will be the boss.

The leak made me happy, but i'm feeling bad about Ono now.

It must sucks, he prepared something that would probably be amazing, and 1 week early, poof.

BUt i want a trailer so bad for this, but i can wait...

I want to see how capcom responds to this leak.
I hope it's with piss and vinegar.
like, I want them to just be furious about it.
and make a shitty trailer, then release the good one they made months later.
just out of spite.

Poor Ono, but Laura looks good. Costume lacks subtlety, though. All she needs is a navy circle of stars and "ORDEM E PROGRESSO" scrawled across and she'll be wearing the Brazilian flag. It's like having Guile wearing candy-striped leggings of red and white, and a plunging-neckline skimpy blue shirt with fifty stars on it. Identities should be more than country of origin.
I think we has one more character in the game: the Boss one! I dont think Vega/M.Bison or Necali will be the boss.
Predictions lean towards the next new-to-the-series character will be named "Zen" and be from India. And one spot left for a returning Street Fighter.

Someone can tell what she saying?My japanese kinda sucks.
g52WQbl.jpg

ドーンと始めて, ノし\ツと造わらせちゃうよ!
The pic blurs some of the symbols so I can't get a perfect read.

Google translate: "Starting with Dawn, and would let straw is raised to the power of elephant!"

...wha? ...uh, better to wait to next week's official reveal.

Reactions: Sotherius
For some reason, I'm expecting some kind of backlash similar to Rashid's reveal when Laura gets officially shown off.

Costume lacks subtlety, though. All she needs is a navy circle of stars and "ORDEM E PROGRESSO" scrawled across and she'll be wearing the Brazilian flag.
Honestly? Is not uncommon to see people here using green and yellow clothing, mainly football related stuff, but people around here really is used to wearing those colors.

Mainly in world cup time, but other times is not that rare. =P

Honestly? Is not uncommon to see people here using green and yellow clothing, mainly football related stuff, but people around here really is used to wearing those colors.

Well, some athletes will wear the colors all time in competitions (all athletes and your uniforms, Senna and his helmet). Maybe she uses this colors because she are in a competition.

I think the returning last character will be a Mexican one. The problem is the two Mexicans are the grapples. I like T. Hawk, and a lot of people dislike El Fuerte. Another option is June (or July... I aways have problem to pinpoint the correct one)... she maybe are Mexican because her history which T.Hank.

That is what i think, is an uniform, so it kinda makes sense. Also, i love her hairstyle.

T. Hawk could be interesting, but I would be leaning towards Dhalsim if it wasn't for Zen. Like how Laura fills in for Blanka, Zen replaces Dhalsim as a fighter from India. This last veteran spot probably is going to an iconic Street Fighter. When you close your eyes and think Street Fighter, who do you see?

I see. Here in the USA, there's plenty of people wearing the stars and stripes, even on non-holidays.

But the big question is this: Do all Brazilians have electric powers?
First Blanka, now Laura. What's strange is C. Viper could zap people because she was wearing a super suit. Now it it seems anyone can summon thousands of volts. Even Ryu, now (his V-Trigger, Denjin Renki).

It's not that weird for Ryu to shoot lightning. He's been doing lightning stuff since SF3. It just took a break in 4 due to timeline and lore reasons.

T. Hawk could be interesting, but I would be leaning towards Dhalsim if it wasn't for Zen. Like how Laura fills in for Blanka, Zen replaces Dhalsim as a fighter from India. This last veteran spot probably is going to an iconic Street Fighter. When you close your eyes and think Street Fighter, who do you see?

I see. Here in the USA, there's plenty of people wearing the stars and stripes, even on non-holidays.

But the big question is this: Do all Brazilians have electric powers?
First Blanka, now Laura. What's strange is C. Viper could zap people because she was wearing a super suit. Now it it seems anyone can summon thousands of volts. Even Ryu, now (his V-Trigger, Denjin Renki).
I was thinking about that.

While Blanka is not Brazilian in specific, his eletric powers came from Brazil, his plane crash in the Amazonic Region.

Laura, probably is from some area close to Rio, and that is very far from the Amazonic Region.

So, probably in SF universe, brazil has some weird thing that gives people eletric powers?

Reactions: The Dave